Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Christmas Gifts

I have been pretty busy lately getting a jump start on my Christmas cards and gift sets. I still have a ways to go but I have been inspired by the challenge designs of the Technique Twist and My Pumpkin Challenge.

For the Technique Twist, I was intrigued by the 'traced doodling' technique. I'm not sure if I understood all of the steps as mentioned in the Splitcoast Stampers video by Mel but here is what I did. I used my SU Whisper White craft ink (LOVE this stuff!) with my star stamp from My Paper Pumpkin kit and with some crayons from my girls' Crayola stash, I went to town doodling the stars. I also used my heat gun to set the wax. I like how it gives the stars a muted look and it was fun to try a new technique!

For My Pumpkin Challenge entry, I wanted to make some simple note cards for my daughter's 1st grade teacher team. I think all of her teachers are outstanding but one in particular, Ms. Ford, stands out for me because as a full-time intern, she works hard to teach the kiddos- all the while unpaid! She has a love for teaching that impresses me and I know she will be fantastic 'certified' teacher one day...

Like me, Ms. Ford is alumni of Texas Tech so I went with a red and black theme (ink, ribbon, cardstock, etc.). As a side note, Ms. Ford learned that I graduated from TTU when one day my daughter noticed her graduation ring on her finger and said out loud- 'my mom has THAT ring!' Well, it's been a while since I graduated and I don't wear 'that' ring anymore;) I have a feeling Ms. Ford won't either when she and her boyfriend get hitched:)

For the box, I used a wonderful stationary box template by Jin of Under A Cherry Tree; using my Cameo made it easy-peasy. Thanks Jin for the download. (I've been following your blog for quite a while now but somehow missed this post but I'm glad I found it!!!).

Linking to the parties over here and here:









6 comments:

  1. Wao Jess! You are making such awesome projects. Teacher will be so glad and impressed. I love your tag with the crayon idea. What a super cool idea! Plus the Paper Pumpkin…nice! Super nice gift! Tx for joint Technique Twist AND My Pumpkin Challenge! How fun! Big hug!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What an awesome gift set - time to start crankin' for my own teachers! Thanks so much for linking at My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea Jessica! Any teacher would love that gift, or anybody would love that gift!! :) Thanks for sharing with everyone at the My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Jessica! Any teacher would love that gift, really everyone would love that gift! Thanks for sharing over at the My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Very cute notecard set, Jessica! The tag is a fantastic touch & looks great with the Traced Doodling! Thanks for joining us at The Technique Twist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Very cute notecard set, Jessica! The tag is a fantastic touch & looks great with the Traced Doodling! Thanks for joining us at The Technique Twist! :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

My Paper Pumpkin Challenge